The Christmas Quiz 2016
1. To whom did the angels say the first noel?
2. Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephen. But when is the feast of Stephen?
3. What decks the halls in the famous carol?
4. How many gifts in total are given in the song 12 days of christmas?
5. What christmas song, released in 1994 had it’s peak in december 2015 when it reached as far up as spot 11 on the Billboard hot 100 list?
6. I will describe a christmas song and you have to guess which one it is. ”A complete absence of sound from sunset to sunrise.
7. In the song Santa Baby, what color does the singer want his/her convertable?
8. According to the song, what does Frosty the Snowman have for a nose?
9. What christmas carol contains the line ”oh tidings of comfort and joy”?
10. Toms Hanks plays a stagering 7 roles in the 2004 movie ”The Polar Express”, but who sings the famous song ”Believe” of the movie soundtrack?
11. What movie had it’s ten year old star nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actor and was the highest grossing action comedy film of all time from 1990 to 2011?
12. Jim Carey plays the Grinch who steals christmas from the unsuspecting victims of which town?
13. Scott Calvin falls victim to the Santa Clause in the movie by the same name. Who is the actor who plays scott Calvin?
14. What are the four main food groups of an Elf as described by Will Ferrel in the movie Elf?
15. What item of clothing does Sinter Klaus normaly leave for children in the Netherlands?
16. The famous christmas tree that is lit every year in Rockefeller center is a Norwiegan spruce between 21 to 30 metres tall, when was the first tree lighting ceremony in Rockefeller Center?
17. The precision dance group known for their eye high kicks perform five shows a day, seven times a week at Radio City Music Hall during the christmas season. What is the name of the dance group?
18. How many out of Santa’s nine reindeer have names that end with an er?
19. Bah Humbug! Says the grumpy main character of Charles Dickens ”A Christmas Carol”. Name that character.
20. Name the movie this quote comes from ”Uh, since the United States Government declares this man to be Santa Claus, this court will not dispute it. Case dismissed."
1. The sheapheards
2. Dec 26 (Boxing day)
3. Boughs of Holly
5.All I want for christmas is you
6. Silent night
7. Steel blue
8. A button
9. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
10. Josh Groban
11. Home Alone
13. Tim Allen
14. Candy, candy canes, candy corn and maple syrup
17. The Rockettes
19. Ebenezer Scrooge
20. Miracle on 34th Street